We provide complete poultry veterinary services to commercial egg laying companies, the broiler industry, broiler breeder companies, hatcheries, and the game bird industry. We’re independently owned, with 25 vets and 15 branches throughout the UK and Ireland.
You’ll be joining a welcoming, friendly, and supportive team, as well as a competitive salary, we offer:
- Enhanced holiday
- A company bonus scheme
- Pet related perks that include vaccinations and other treatments
- Bike to work scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme with Health Assured
- Birthday leave
We’re looking for an experienced Administrator to join and support our Newark office.
This is a full-time role, from 08:30-17:00 Monday – Friday.
You will be working directly with a small team of vets, including our regional lead vet for the area. You will be closely supported by our Head Office team, as well as be part of a wider administration team who are on hand to provide help and support, as you get up to speed, and longer term too.
As we work with the commercial poultry sector, our vets see most of the birds under their care, at the customer’s site or farm. Their workload tends to be pre-planned visits versus dealing with reactive/emergency care and therefore they are less timed constrained than, for example, those in a small animal practice.
What you’ll be doing
This is varied role where you’ll be responsible for the smooth running of the office, as well as providing support to the veterinary team based here.
Here’s what you’ll get involved with:
- Dealing with customer enquiries over the phone/by mail and welcoming any visitors to the office.
- Inputting of customer reports from external laboratories and internal offices on to our in-house databases.
- Diary management for the Poultry Veterinary Surgeons based within the Newark area including charges for invoicing.
- Managing the offices’ veterinary medical supplies and dispensing of them, under the authorisation of the veterinary surgeon.
- Preparing laboratory paperwork, documentation and any samples that need to be sent out externally.
- Monitoring stock and equipment – in the office and for the vet team.
- Ensuring quality controls are adhered to and records are accurate and up to date.
- Ensuring the office and laboratory are kept to a professional clean standard and organising any repairs and replacement equipment as necessary.
You need to be someone with previous administration experience, who is highly organised and likes to ‘get things done’. It is fast paced environment, where things can change, so you’ll enjoy and be used to juggling priorities, as needed. As the vet team are often on client site visits, you’ll also need to be someone who’s happy working independently.
While there are existing systems and processes in place, the team is very much open to new ideas and ways of doing things, so you’ll be someone who likes to spot an opportunity and make changes, for the better.
You’ll be a confident user of Microsoft Office, particularly Word, Excel and PowerPoint, a confident, accurate typist and used to producing quality documentation.
Who you’ll be working includes…
Our Newark Practice is one of two bases for our East of England regional team. The team consists of three vets – Sean Wisdom who is the Regional Lead, Ludwig Boneschans and Khutso Chiloane – who are busy supporting a wide range of clients.
Sean joined the team in 2020 having completed his veterinary degree in South Africa and going on to develop his career in poultry medicine from 2012, consulting extensively on broiler, broiler breeder and commercial operations.
Ludwig joined in 2022, followed more recently by Khutso, this year.
If you’d like to find out more about the role, or apply – please email email@example.com – ideally with a CV or with information on you and why you would like to be considered for this role. Or if you would like to chat to someone from the team before this, call 01392 873932.