We have a dedicated careers website that lists all of the current vacancies with our team and associated companies.
If you would like to apply for any of our positions, please send your CV to email@example.com.
We’re currently recruiting for an HR and Health & Safety Administrator, a Practice Administrator and experienced Veterinary Surgeons. We also have internship opportunities and EMS placements, for veterinary students or recent graduates.
If you’re interested in working with our team and we don’t currently have a vacancy that fits your skills and experience or future aspirations – we’d still like to hear from you. Again, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Featured job: HR and Health & Safety Administrator, nr Exeter, Devon
We’re looking for someone with HR and Health and Safety experience (current or previous), to join our small but friendly team as a HR & Health and Safety Administrator, based on the beautiful Nutwell Estate, near Exeter.
We’re looking for someone with a passion for all things people-related and Health & Safety to join our team, which reports into our Director of Operations.
Whilst the nature of this role can sometimes mean dealing with important and sensitive issues we predominantly work in a light-hearted atmosphere and are looking for someone who enjoys working in that kind of environment who can also be proactive and has the ability to ‘get things done’.
We’re keen for someone to join us as soon as possible and are ready to interview now.
What you’ll be doing
This is varied role. You will predominantly be responsible for the day-to-day administration involved with our HR and health and safety processes whilst being supported by friendly and supportive colleagues.
You will get involved with:
- Helping with the annual review of all health and safety policies, risk assessments and making sure that everyone in the company has the relevant information and training
- Dealing with the initial employee queries on company policies and Health and Safety
- Organising in-house health and safety checks and the coordination of our annual site inspections
- Updating our inhouse HR system and reporting on any changes (as necessary)
- Assisting with practice-specific tasks such as making sure that the right licences and insurances are in place, for example
- Assisting with the creation of employee documentation when required
You need to be someone with previous HR and health and safety experience, who is highly organised and genuinely cares about people management. It can be a fast-paced environment, where things can change and situations can develop quickly, so you’ll be able to manage that in a calm and effective manner, and used to juggling priorities, as needed. As you are working within a small team, you will need to be confident and happy to work independently too.
You’ll be a strong communicator with good attention to detail and a real ‘people person’ who’s able to easily build relationships.
What you’ll get in return
You’ll be joining a welcoming, friendly, and supportive team, and as well as a competitive salary, we offer:
- Enhanced holiday
- A company bonus scheme
- Pet related perks that include vaccinations and other treatments
- Bike to work scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme with Health Assured
- Birthday leave
- Dog friendly policy
As our HR & Health and Safety Administrator, you’ll be working with and supporting the family of St David’s companies and their teams, that combined, are made up of around 94 employees.
Our companies are all independently owned and include:
- St David’s Poultry Team, St David’s Poultry Team Ireland and St David’s Game Bird Services provide veterinary services to the commercial poultry and game bird industries. With 25 (and growing) vets and supporting teams based at 15 branches throughout the UK and Ireland
- South West Equine Referral Practice: Based on the Nutwell Estate, our dedicated team of equine professionals provide veterinary care to horses from across the South West
- Nutwell Saddlery: Again, based at head office on the Nutwell Estate, Nutwell Saddlery is one of the largest Society of Master Saddlers approved saddle retailers and fitters in the South West
- The Chicken Vet: Created by our team of poultry vets, this online service provides owners of pet chickens, carefully selected health products and veterinary advice to affiliated vet practices
- Applied Bacterial Control: Provide systems, solutions and products to the poultry, pig and dairy industries that improve water hygiene and promote a healthy gut bacteria.
Like to know more? Get in touch with our HR team – Kayleigh or Lucie – if you’ve got any questions. You can call them on 01392 872932 or email email@example.com. If you’d like to apply, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
More about St David’s Poultry Team
St David’s provide complete poultry veterinary services to commercial egg laying companies, the broiler industry, broiler breeder companies, hatcheries, and the game bird industry. Our focus is to provide a hands-on approach, working with all sections of the industry to improve the health and welfare of the birds under our care.
We’re independently owned, with 25 (and growing) vets and 15 branches throughout the UK and Ireland.