Skip to: main navigation | main content | sitemap | accessibility page
Diagnostic Samples Procedure
- Place samples containing fluids in watertight screw top containers. This is the primary container.
- Surround samples in cellulose wadding/ cotton wool or any other absorbent material. Fluid samples need to be surrounded in enough of this absorbent material to absorb all possible leakage in the event of damage.
- Placed the wrapped samples in a leak proof plastic bag and seal. This is the secondary container and together with the absorbent material should be able to contain all the contents of the primary container. Ideally use a zip lock plastic bag.
- Complete the necessary submission forms and place outside of the zip lock sample bag.
- Place into a larger postal bag or box and label with the following information.
“Pathological Specimen – Fragile – Handle with Care”
“Senders Name & Address and the address of the relevant Laboratory”
- Ensure the correct postage is applied to your package.
Worm Egg/Cocci Sample Submission Form (PDF, 638 kB)