The Lion Code auditors are starting to pick up the following as non-conformances in the Salmonella test results.
The person submitting the sample should be identified. The date of housing the flock the sample was taken from should be recorded – for flocks in rear this is the hatch date and for flocks in lay this is the transfer date.
The exact Lion Code requirements are:
- The samples should be dispatched to the laboratory on the day of collection (or within 24 hours of the sample being taken). Each sample from each flock should be labelled separately and should indicate the following: The date the sample was taken. The identity of the flock sampled including – house name or number, month the flock moved into the house (for multi-age flocks use the date when the first birds were placed in the house), year the flock moved into the house (for multi-age flocks use the date when the first birds were placed in the house).
- Age of the flock sample.
- The name and address of the holding.
- The contact details of the person submitting the sample.
- Please add the name of the person responsible for submitting the sample and hatch or housing date to your lab submission forms.
Please note the Salmonella and the serology labs have both recently moved:
- The address for Salmonella samples is Ashwood UK Limited, Tweedside Park, Tweedbank, Galashiels TD1 3TE.
- The address for Serology Samples is St David’s Laboratory, 20 Roskeen Road, Moygashel, Dungannon BT71 7RG.
If you have any queries about this, please do not hesitate to contact us on 01392 872932.